11.14.2011

Something old to something new...

Ryan and I were in need of a new headboard and didn't have much money, I decided I wanted to make something look a bit shabby chic.  I found this one at a thrift store for $25.00, bought some spray paint from Canadian Tire, a sanding pad and Voila! New bed!  Now I am super inspired to buy tons of old stuff and re-finish it.
Old headboard purchased at Thrift Store for $25.00

1st coat of paint after sanding


New Bed!  I used "Almond" paint color and roughened up
the edges once dried to give it more of an antique look.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi

Love it, I was wondering where you found your Crown pillow and Duvet covers? so lovely. Thank you

Addy said...

Hi Sarah,

I bought the Duvet at Winners, great find! and the Crown pillow was a purchase from a store in Victoria, BC called Chintz and Company. Hope you enjoy! Cheers